The DAF Interfaith Circle was launched in December of last year, and is open to people of all faiths or none. It\s a place to share perspectives on how we locate the possibility of collapse within our faith traditions (if any), and on what those traditions might say to us about possible responses. The idea of a resonant harmony between faith and spirituality on the one hand, and 'reality' on the other, is a theme.
A link to the previous session's notes is here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1elgUDaYhvZzTE51jnziyDluCWDXxBj6o/view
The previous Circle was run along Open Space lines. This time however, we're hoping there might be interest in setting up a Task Group (as well as continuing the terrific conversations we've been sharing, about how we attempt to navigate these challenging waters in the vessel of our faiths).
A tentative agenda, subject to your thoughts, is this
- Check in, intros
- Moot the agenda for the session
- See if there's interest in a possible Task Group to consider/create resources for faith leaders to engage with their communities/congregations on the issue of collapse
- Terry R to share some resources he has worked on in other contexts
- Cat to touch on some examples of Christian housegroup/faith resources used in the UK
- do others have examples / ideas?
There may be discussions to be had on issues such as:
- how to frame the possibility of collapse (we'd welcome views on whether it's contrary to faith/beliefs to raise it and if not why not?)
- how to lead people into full awareness of humankind's predicament. In a faith context, consider whether it's useful to reference XR or DA, or not
- helping people recognise and talk about emotions - guilt, shame, fear, grief, love, compassion and hope
- talking about changes to behaviour and practices, systems, now
- envisaging possible futures
AND ... potentially producing resources for services/house groups, that can be adapted by different groups to help communities and congregations work through these issues, and properly engage with them, over a number of weeks
Here's the link to join the meeting....
Meeting ID: 407 810 7960 Passcode: ROG1-2021
Grace and peace,
Cat and Terry