The second of a two session series exploring how we might prepare ourselves, our organisations & each other for the journey ahead. You may join one or both sessions as you wish.
There are no maps or precedents to guide us through the climate & related crises we face, yet we are called as leaders to respond. This is a unique chance to join this newly forming community, committed to preparing ourselves, our organisations & each other for the journey ahead.
A reflective & intentional community of practice, actively engaged in cycles of inquiry & action; exploring personal, organisational & system level responses; committed to working generatively with mess, confusion & difficult emotions; informed by a rich array of methodologies & approaches; drawing on inspiration from nature & our own creative spirit
We invite you to join our online community to actively explore together the leadership questions you are sitting with; to be part of a supportive group as you identify and take your best next steps, personally and organisationally. We will lean in to the 4Rs of the Deep Adaptation framework as a thread throughout.
Questions we will be exploring may start with:
- What is being called for right now, and what is our leadership part to play?
- What can we learn from the current disruption to business as usual to foster more creative adaptations to the climate, ecological and social crises?
- What are we learning about ourselves as leaders, as we notice our own responses to the uncertainty of this time?
- Given this uncertainty, how resourced are we to attend to time horizons beyond the immediate?
- What immediate opportunities are there in our organisations and communities to catalyse processes of Deep Adaptation to support our work and lives?
- What have we noticed about our organisation’s balance of attention on the psychological safety for our people, and the management of the ‘business’ issues?
This mini pop-up series takes us to the end of the year and is the last LTS programme before our closed circle begins in January 2021.
These two 2hr online sessions - a month apart - are designed to support community and organisational leaders contemplating their work to enable Deep Adaptation. This round of sessions is free-of-charge, and you are welcome to join one or both as you wish.
Some participants may subsequently decide to join our closed circle beginning in January or our 10 month programme, Leading Through Storms, and other paid-for offerings may be developed in response to participant needs and wishes. Joining this fledgling community brings no obligation to participate in anything other than the online sessions.
If you are keen to be involved but can't make the scheduled sessions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and ask to be kept informed of future events.