You are kindly invited to attend a free, online workshop where we will explore the Spiral of the Work that Reconnects and experience some interactive practices (Open sentences, Deep relating, Wisdom Circle).
Book your spot here: https://forms.gle/4EZhNZBk6HCZPNNS9
Check start time in your location: https://everytimezone.com/s/655e6b7b
ABOUT THIS WORK
The Work that Reconnects (WTR) is a form of group work designed by its Joanna Macy, to offer a space to face the harsh realities of our times with an open heart and mind and use our pain to awaken to greater aliveness and compassion. Since its origins in the late 1970s hundreds of thousands have been inspired to steward the transition to a life-
FUNDATIONS OF THE WTR
To those of us growing up in the Industrial Growth Society, a breathtakingly new view of reality arises from deep ecology, systems thinking, and the resurgence of non-dualistic spirituality. These three streams attest to our mutual belonging in the web of life, and to powers within us for the healing of our world. They are basic to the core assumptions of the Work That Reconnects.
CORE ASSUMPTIONS OF THE WTR
- Our Earth is alive.
- Our true nature is far more ancient and encompassing than the separate self-defined by habit and Western society.
- Our experience of moral pain for our world springs from our interconnectedness with all beings – including humans of all cultures – from which also arise our powers to act on their behalf.
- Unblocking occurs when our pain for the world is not only intellectually validated, but also experienced and expressed.
- When we reconnect with life, by willingly enduring our pain for it, the mind retrieves its natural clarity.
- The experience of reconnection with the Earth community, human and other-than-human, arouses desire to act on its behalf.
More information about the WTR: https://workthatreconnects.org/spiral/
The workshop will include:
- a presentation as a thread for navigating the four stages of the spiral of the Work that Reconnects
- a series of interactions in break-out rooms to practice the stages of the spiral: Gratitude, Honouring our Pain for the World, seeing with New Eyes and Going Forth
- spaces for contemplation and introspection with music and images
- Interactions in the big group (check-ins, check-outs, sharing after break-out rooms)
The spaces are limited to 100 people max. Please reserve your spot here: https://forms.gle/4EZhNZBk6HCZPNNS9
This event is offered free of charge, exclusively to members of the DA group. If you wish to support the Deep Adaptation Forum team, you can do so by contributing to and sharing our Patreon page: https://www.patreon.com/deepadaptation
ABOUT THE HOSTS
The event will be hosted by Maria Perkins and Fernando García Ferreiro
Maria holds space for enhanced health and wellbeing. She is a mindfulness, teacher and supervisor who practices kinder ways of being, with self, others and nature
Nando is an experienced beginner, a recovering civil servant in search of lost sense. He knows that his ignorance is encyclopedic.